Research Committee and Process
The primary vehicle for making investment making decisions and maintaining appropriate governance over the research process is the Matrix Investment Committee. The Research Team is responsible for activities in relation to product and service research as well as the management of our Approved Product list. Effectively, the Committee has responsibility for the overseeing Matrix’s research capability and product selections obligations under the Matrix’s AFS Licence.
The Investment Committee and Research Team consists of highly experienced members of the Sydney office. Additional input comes from a number of external professional investment specialists/consultants as appropriate. The Committee and Research Team meets on a timely basis (that is, monthly).
The Research process pays particular attention to understanding the individual characteristics of approved products, and communicating that understanding to advisers through various communication and tools.
The research process is continuous.
- Reviewing current list of approved managers and products against peers to assess over or under performance against benchmarks over one, three and ten year periods.
- Documenting manager styles, correlation and external ratings of funds across all sectors to assess adequate coverage.
- Introduction of new products along with education accreditation programs.
The Research Team review regular reports and gain greater insight into manager processes and assets making up the fund they manage.
Decisions made by the Investment Committee are formally recorded.
A typical agenda will include:
- Performance comments on the markets, sectors, approved list
- Economic conditions and cycles
- Fund manager reports
- Review of approved product status by exception and ratio analysis of performance
Matrix is committed to ensuring that Rolanda Adams Financial Services obtain relevant up to date research and product information which will assist them in recommending appropriate portfolio strategies, structures and investments to their clients.